8th February 2016
We will be holding a parents workshop on Tuesday 8th March 2016 at 9:15am with the Education Welfare Officer who will explain why school attendance is so important to your child’s education.
Good attendance at school is the single most important factor to ensure that young people have the maximum life chances - attendance is strongly linked to educational achievement. Promoting positive school attendance is everyone's responsibility.
- Pupils who miss school risk failing to achieve what they are capable of.
- Figures have shown that 90% of persistent, poor or non‐attenders fail to achieve five or more good grades at GCSE and approximately one third achieve no GCSEs at all.
- Developing good habits of attendance and punctuality are key life skills.
- When pupils miss school ... they miss out!
- Achieve their potential.
- Develop a positive attitude towards school and good habits of punctuality and attendance.
- See themselves as an important part of the school community and to value and respect school life.
As a school we recognise that this can only be achieved through a close partnership with parents.
We look forward to seeing you on the 8th March.
Mrs Angie Bull
Head of School